Rate Scaling – used for changing the price based on number of nights in relation to a fixed length of stay.
- Nights in calculation- how many nights are to be in the calculation. Most holiday homes work on a weekly price as standard (7 days)
- Min Nights - Minimum nights the guest can stay
- Max Nights - Maximum nights the guest can stay (optional)
- Min night override – means ignore what the availability calendar states. If they chose to stay 6 nights and the dates being requested have 7 night minimum, it will still use this rate scale.
- Validate on: A setting that determines when to apply a scale to a length of stay. (see below)
Using the example that this scale is limited to the Easter Season Easter Season is 1st – 5th April
Check In – only using the check in date to see if it fits in the start date or end date of the seasons etc.
This guest is staying 29th March to 5th April.
This scale would not apply because the check in does not fall between the 1st and the 5th of April
This guest is checking in on the 1st of April and departing 6th April. The scale would apply.
The guest could also Check in either on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th of April for this to apply.
Entire Stay – it will apply if any date within the season is in the stay.
The below example of a reservation- the scale would apply.
This option works well if it crosses over in seasons. Therefore if a guest was to check in a few days before Easter season, like the example above, the rate scale will still apply as the guest is still staying within the Easter Season.
Strict – all dates have to reside in the season. Like the below example the guest arrives on the 2nd and departs on the 5th April. The rate scale would apply.
If the guest arrives or departs outside of the 1st -5th April the scale would not apply. Like the below example. The rate scale would not apply
6. Apply Scale to- which dates in the stay can we apply the scaling to. (This wouldn’t apply if you have the "Validate on" strict )
If a guest is staying from the 29th March to the 5th April.
All dates in stay - everything from the 29th March to the 5th April would have the scale applied
Only valid in season- the scale would only apply to 1st – 5th April and the 29th – 31st March would be the normal nightly rate ( no scale applied )
Days of the Week
What days of the week do you want the scale to apply
If only have Saturday and Sunday ticked those days will be the only days the scale will apply to.
The rest will revert back to the nightly rate.
Sum – night percentages are added together- as it goes through it will add up all the percentages to calculate the rate.
For a scale that is 7 nights in calculation – nightly rate is $100. Total for 7 nights in calculation= $700
For example the reservation is a two night stay:
It will sum the two nights percentage together- 20% + 20% = 40%. It will then calculate 40% of $700 ( as this is the price for the total nights in calculation) = this equals $280
$280 for a two night stay with this scale applied.
Fixed – each night uses a fixed percentage – whichever figure is in the number of nights the guest books will be what is used to calculate.
Using the same example as before with the reservation being two nights. It will only use the percentage for that night stay. Night 2 is 20% therefore 20% of $700 = $140.
$140 for a two night stay with this scale applied.
Base Rate – fixed total for the LOS
This would only be used if you were using categories or specific listings with the same nightly rates.
It is a $ figure instead of a percentage. It will also ignore the “nights in calculation” amount.
A guest is staying for 4 nights. Night 4 Scale Rule is $70. $70 divided by 4 ( nights booked) is $17.50.
$17.50 will be the nightly rate for those 4 nights.
$70 will be the total tariff amount when this scale is applied.
Last day fill
This is used if the stay is longer than the nights you have in “nights in calculation”.
If last day fill is off it will drop back to nightly rate.
If last day fill is on, it will then use the rate from the last night of the 7 night calculation.
- Only Bookings Arriving From - select a date of when the reservation can arrive from or if the guest can stay for any date period leave blank.
- Only Bookings Arrive Before. select a date of when the reservation can arrive before or if the guest can stay up until any date period leave blank.
NOTE: If the scale begins on the 01/04/22 and the scale ends on 30/06/22, this means the scale only applies for reservations which are staying during this period.
- select a date of when the scale is Valid to use From or leave blank if the scale starts straight away
- select a date of when the scale is Valid to use Until or leave blank if the scale does not expire
- select which categories apply, if the scale applies to all categories leave this blank
- select which seasons apply, if the scale applies to all seasons leave this blank
- select which listings can be used for this scale or leave blank to apply to all listings.
Ensure to select Save once changes have been made.