Below are your Booking Source Settings. This article will show you how to link, sync and manage your Booking Sources to RMS. It will also explain how they perform in regards to the online guest portal and triggered correspondence schedules.
- Click Settings from your Homhero side menu
- Select General Settings > Booking Sources tab
- Name - The first column titled 'Name' is the Booking Source name. This is currently imported and synced from RMS via the 'SYNC' button. This is imported for you during onboarding, however if you would like to add new Booking Sources, they do need to be set up in RMS first
Click here to set up a NEW Booking Source in RMS before syncing this in Homhero
- SYNC - Click the 'SYNC' button to import new Booking Sources from RMS. Once you have successfully synced, a success message will appear
- Refresh - Click the 'Refresh' icon next to the SYNC button to see the imported Booking Source
- Exclude Auto Charge - When 'Exclude Auto Charge' is turned on for a particular Booking Source, then we DO NOT charge an initial deposit, but instead, tokenise the card for manual receipting by the Property Manager. These cards will show up in the "Show Cards" and Add Payment sections of a reservation.
*This has also been extended for the 'REQUEST TO BOOK' only listings for HomeAway and Website bookings.
- Exclude Balance - The 'Exclude Balance' column is used to dictate how a booking will perform in triggered correspondence and on the online guest check-in. Excluding balance will remove a booking from that source from any balance reminders being sent to a guest. You would use this for Airbnb bookings as the guest pays Airbnb directly
- Exclude Bond - The 'Exclude Bond' column is used to dictate how a booking will perform in triggered correspondence and on the online guest check-in. When 'Exclude Bond' is ticked, this means the guest will not have to pay a bond. In addition, it will not show the pre-auth and bond information that the guest must acknowledge in the online check-in process. You would use this for Airbnb bookings as the bond is handled directly through Airbnb
- Exclude Checkin - Click the tick box to 'Exclude Checkin' for a Booking source. This means the guest won't need to complete the online checkin procedure for the Booking Source selected
- Disable Requirement for: Licence - The 'Disable Requirement for' Licence is in reference to the online check-in portal. This will hide the section asking for the licence image from a guest. This would be used for booking sources like Airbnb, where a guest has already provided sufficient ID directly to the OTA
- Disable Requirement for: Credit Card - The 'Disable Requirement for' Credit Card is in reference to the online check-in portal. This will hide the section asking for the credit card from a guest. This would be used for booking sources like Airbnb, where a guest has already made payment directly to the OTA
- Default Source For - The 'Default Source For' column lets you choose how you want the booking to be delivered to RMS based on where it has come from. For example, Airbnb would match the Airbnb booking source in RMS. There might be 10 x booking sources related to a Direct/Manual booking process in which you could link the direct/manual default to. Please ensure a 'Default Source' is assigned to each Booking Source
- Travel Agent - The Travel Agents column is also synced from RMS. The 'Sync Travel Agents' button will pull the Travel Agent set up in RMS and you will then be able to map the corresponding Travel Agent to the corresponding Booking Source. This will dictate how Homhero will deliver the booking to RMS with the Booking Source and Travel Agent
- Sync Travel Agents - Click Sync Travel Agents to pull the Travel Agents from RMS into Homhero
- Commission Sundry - A Commission Sundry is setup in RMS to allow Homhero to generate the correct commission amount to be allocated for that OTA, so this can be paid to them when their commission is due
Please view the below articles to learn how to setup Commission Sundries in RMS for Booking.com and HomeAway. As Airbnb take their commission out prior to delivering the booking to Homhero, there is no need to setup a Commission Sundry, however you will still need to add the Commission and Rate Uplift into the Channel Management/Connection settings for Airbnb.
How to setup your Airbnb Commission
How to setup your Booking.com Commission
How to setup your HomeAway Commission
- Commission % - Presently the only Booking Source that needs to have a Commission % is HomeAway. This needs to be entered as the commission amount before uplift. Click here for more information
- Save - Don't forget to click 'Save' to save any changes you have made in these settings