Interconnecting Properties are built up of multiple sellable units within an overall parent property. For example a home might list online as a 4 Bedroom home with a Granny Flat. This is defined as the parent property. It may also list a 4 bedroom home by itself and have an individual listing for the Granny Flat. These are defined as children properties/units.
The process of interconnecting ensures that the availability of each sellable unit is correctly managed to prevent double bookings on one or multiple listings that make up the parent property.
Please note you will need to ensure all your properties for the Interconnecting properties have been created before continuing to the next step.
If you have not completed this already please follow steps 1- 4 in Create a New Property from Scratch . Remember, do not attach any owners to the areas just yet.
Once all properties have been created up to Step 4:
1. Open up the Parent Property ( this is usually the larger of all the properties eg. "House" )
2. Tick the box "Interconnecting Room Type"
3. Select Save
4. Select the Area Tab
5. Double Click on the Area to open the next pop up box
6. Go to the "Interconnecting" Tab
7. Choose the Child properties that make up the Parent property
8. Highlight the child property
9. Select the arrow to move it across to the area that is labelled " Areas Making up this Areas"
Once this has been completed Select Save.
You can then Go to Step 5. Attach an Owner to a Property in RMS
NOTE: you only need to attach the owner to the PARENT property. You do not need to add the owner to the "children" properties.