Interconnecting Properties are built up of multiple sellable units within an overall parent property. For example a home might list online as a 4 Bedroom home with a Granny Flat. This is defined as the parent property. It may also list a 4 bedroom home by itself and have an individual listing for the Granny Flat. These are defined as children properties/units.
The process of an interconnecting property setup ensures that the availability of each sellable unit is correctly managed to prevent double bookings on one or multiple listings that make up the parent property.
You must ensure ALL properties and areas of the interconnecting setup are setup first before continuing to the next step.
If you have not completed this already please follow steps 1- 4 in Create a New Property from Scratch . Remember, do not attach any owners to the areas just yet.
Once all properties have been created up to Step 4:
- Open up the Parent Property (this is usually the whole property or estate e.g. House)
- Tick the "Interconnecting Room Type" checkbox
- Select Save
- Select the Area Tab
- Double click on the Area to open the next pop up box
- Select the "Interconnecting" tab (this will only appear if you have completed the previous steps correctly)
- Select Child Area from the Room Type drop-down
- Select ALL the Child Areas (Properties) that make up the Parent property
- Select the arrow to move the Areas across to the box on the right that is labelled " Areas Making up this Areas"
Once this has been completed select Save/Exit.
You can then Go to Step 5. Attach an Owner to a Property in RMS
NOTE: You only need to attach the owner to the PARENT property. You do not need to add the owner to the "children" properties.